Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 4

May 31st 2011. Today I woke up at 6:40 (My alarm was set for 6:45) to Mud (Lee's Dog) licking my face. I guess I woke up late, he told me we had to be ready by 8. He got kind of grumpy so I got the same. He ate his usual bowl of cereal with nasty yogurt and left the bunkhouse without any coffee. By the way, he's got a house about a 1/4 of a mile up the way where he sleeps, and we share a kitchen in the bunkhouse because it's more energy efficient. I stayed behind as he drove to the shop a mile up the road to work. I made my coffee and walked the mile. Once I got there he was all happy and talkative again, you can tell he really likes working on his ranch. I swept one of his shops, spread about 100sq feet of dirt for a farm, helped him move some cinder blocks for his new house project, checked the horses water trough, drove the tractor up and down the mile long road moving wood 4 times, and cooked lunch and dinner for us. I made cheeseburgers for lunch, Lee liked them a lot and said "Your Hired" after eating them lol. After working for about 11 hours I BBQ'd up some pork chops and made a couple baked potatoes. I thought that would be a good dinner. Lee went to grab mustard, dill pickles, and hot sauce from the fridge. Lol had no idea what he could be eating those with. He again complimented me on the meal and mentioned that he needed to go to Anchorage tomorrow for some sand. Its like a 350-mile ride so he'll be gone all day. I helped him load up his gear for the long drive tomorrow and he told me he'd be back Wednesday night (tomorrow). So here I am now, creating this book/blog lol because I got a lot of free time ahead of me.  Im on a dial up computer by the way, this is so slow. 

I tried to upload more pics but it was taking forever so I gave up.  Even went outside to feed the horses an apple, smoked a cig, and still the photos wont load.  I'll get more up tomorrow.  Its 11:06 AK time here so Im gonna go hit the sack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment