Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 10

June 6th, 2011. Did a lot of work today. Cut down a few old trees with a saw, trimmed down some more trees watered the garden and filled the horse trough. I have a feeling Lee is running out of things for me to do. He gives me a task and I get it done usually a lot faster than he says I should. Like today he said "Cut these dead trees down and load em into the trailer, that should take you a few hours". I got it done within 45 minutes. When I get things done too fast like that he usually has me trim plants with sheers or pull rocks out of dirt. I know I'm doing a good job, I always work hard. We got to talkin today and decided we should book a ticket for me to get back in advance so that its cheaper. We expected to find one a couple weeks out but the cheapest one (by 300 dollars) was a flight out the 13th of June. So looks like I'll only be here for another week. I'm sure my work will get real crappy towards the end of the week as I wrap up things. After dinner he said, "Tomorrow morning lets go to town and get some gravel, we can stop by the store too"…There's no point in me going, I'm sure he just doesn't have anything for me to do. I already told him that trimming 1-inch thick trees at the base all day could be kind of tedious. He knows it's not realistic to ask me to cut down plants for 10 hours a day, so he's probably spreading the job out some. I volunteer to cook and clean, it allows me to stay busy. If this was my ranch I wouldn't want people coming and just sitting around either, but if I'm not busy then I'm cutting down trees or pulling rocks out of the dirt. Oh well, if the jobs done then it's done. I'm beat though, going to sleep…its 8:30 here…gnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment