Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 7

June 3rd, 2011. Today was another good day. I told Lee I'd wake up at 6:30 and get the coffee going for us but he walked in at 6:31. I actually woke up at 6:20 and had it percolating by 6:30. We poured our cups at about 6:40. Lee turned on the radio for the first time and we got to listen to a little news while we woke up. Normally we get out and start the day at about 8:00, but since we ran out of coffee by 7:20 we started then. I took the above photo at about 7:40 when we got to the shop a mile up the pasture. Those are a few of the mountains, which make up the Alaskan Range. This picture doesn't show what I really saw, I wish I had a better camera. It actually looked unreal, like I was looking at a picture. I helped do a little here and there at the shop, took care of some laundry, and dug up another flowerbed today. I'm happy with the flowerbeds, they take a lot more work than it appears. I had to dig out all the rocks, grass, weeds, even roots to make sure the soil was 100%. The bottom picture is of a bird lol. It's nesting just outside my bunkhouse and didn't seem to be scared of me at all. I was able to get about 3 feet from the bird without it flying away. You can see the little bird head looking at the camera, and tail to the left. It was very windy today, not too cold though. Lee took me to this tavern type place and we got a burger and a beer for dinner. The guys he has helping him with his new house are coming tomorrow so I'll be up at the usual time trying to help. I'm pretty tired…its only 8:19 right now but I think I'm gonna go lay down.

No comments:

Post a Comment