Friday, June 10, 2011

Days 13 & 14

June 9th, 2011. Boring day, just did a lot of pruning. Lee has a bunch of willow and birch trees around his farm. And around those trees are little sprouts, well some big, that grow too close to the tree for the mower to hit. So I have to cut them all down, as close as I can to the dirt, then throw them in the grass to be chopped up by Lee's big tractor-mower. It might not sound like hard work, but when you're hunched over for 8 hours it gets hard. I went to sleep early, and woke up feeling like I didn't sleep at all the next day…beat

June 10th, 2011. More of the same, except I stopped after half a day and watered the gardens. Kinda took it easy today. Tomorrow and Sunday I'll be sleeping in, so that’s nice. Feels like I've done 2 months worth of work in 2 weeks. After dinner tonight Lee and I had a good chat. Talkin philosophy and politics…or whatever came up. He likes my cooking. I made chicken, carrots, and rice tonight. But whenever I make burgers he says "You make the best damn burgers" lol. I don't even put anything on em…I wonder how he makes em. I gave one of the horses half an apple today, she ate it up then spit it all out lol. Then ran away like I poisoned her. Then I gave her a carrot, she picked it up then spit it out too. Oh well horses, just live off your grass then. I got really close to the elk today too. Just walked along the fence line pulling grass out of the ground pretending to be eating it like they are. They let me get about 10 feet away from them before a bee got in my face and I swung my arms causing them to run away. Lee's driving away right now, I can see him out the window, I wonder where he goes. He does this a lot and doesn't come back for like 4 hours. He doesn’t drink, and there's nothing to do out here, makes no sense..oh well…gonna drink a few beers and go try to see the elk again. Gnight from Delta Junction Alaska!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment